יום א' פרשת האזינו
(Click 'Read More' to display or hide text)
12TH CYCLE DEDICATIONS:
ERUVIN 49 (21 Marcheshvan) - Dedicated l'Iluy Nishmat Harav Moshe Zrihen ben Rachel, Dayan in Marrakech, Morocco, by Dr. Alain Bitton of Geneva, Switzerland.
- Summary of the Daf
- There is a dispute about one who contributes a loaf to the Eruv but does not allow anyone to eat it.
- Shmuel: The person in whose house the Eruv rests does not have to contribute food to the Eruv.
- The Mishnah discusses the case of a person who was traveling and said at the onset of Shabbos that his "place of Shabbos residence" should be under a certain tree.
- There is a dispute about what the Mishnah means when it says that the person's words do not take effect when he says "under it" (see #3).
- There is a dispute between Rebbi Meir and Rebbi Yehudah about the primary manner in which an Eruv Techumin is made.
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~