Meilah Chart #1
Meilah Daf 2a
WHEN IS ONE LIABLE FOR ME'ILAH?
|1||BEFORE ZERIKAS HA'DAM||Entire animal id=r1 href=#f1>(1)||No part of the animal id=r2 href=#f2>(2)|
|2||AFTER ZERIKAS HA'DAM||Only the parts that are offered on the Mizbe'ach id=r3 href=#f3>(3)||Only the parts that are offered on the Mizbe'ach|
Meilah Chart #2
Meilah Daf 2b
THE DIFFERENT KORBANOS AND HOW THEY ARE OFFERED
THE TYPE OF KORBAN
HOW THE BLOOD IS APPLIED TO THE MIZBE'ACH
WHERE THE BLOOD IS APPLIED ON THE MIZBE'ACH id=r4 href=#f4>(4)
|1)||OLAH||Kodshei Kodashim||2 Matanos that are 4 id=r5 href=#f5>(5)||lower half|
|2)||CHATAS||" "||4 Matanos id=r6 href=#f6>(6)||upper half|
|3)||ASHAM||" "||2 that are 4||lower half|
|4)||SHELAMIM||Kodshei Kalim||2 that are 4||lower half|
|5)||TODAH||" "||2 that are 4||lower half|
|6)||BECHOR AND MA'ASER||" "||*thrown* once on Yesod(7)||the Yesod|
|7)||PESACH||" "||*poured* once on the wall of the Mizbe'ach id=r8 href=#f8>(8), over the Yesod id=r6 href=#f6>(6)||the Yesod|
|8)||OLAS HA'OF||Kodshei Kodashim||the cut part of the head and body are squeezed against the Mizbe'ach||upper half|
|9)||CHATAS HA'OF||" "||sprinkled once on the Mizbe'ach id=r6 href=#f6>(6), and the neck is squeezed against the Mizbe'ach||lower half|
(1) The entire animal is considered "Kodshei Hash-m," the prerequisute for the obligation of Me'ilah.
(2) The animal is considered to be a mixture of parts that are given to Hash-m and parts that are given to man, and thus Me'ilah does not apply until after Zerikas ha'Dam, at which point the parts that are given to Hash-m are clearly designated.
(3) For Kodshei Kodashim, Zerikas ha'Dam serves to remove the liability of Me'ilah (from parts of the animal), while for Kodshim Kalim, Zerikas ha'Dam serves to make Me'ilah take effect (on parts of the animal).
(4) The Mizbe'ach is divided by the Chut ha'Sikra, a thin, red line that ran around the outer walls of the Mizbe'ach, five Amos from the floor (at the midpoint of the height of the Mizbe'ach). The Chut ha'Sikra separates between the upper part and the lower part of the Mizbe'ach with regard to the Matnos ha'Dam of the various Korbanos.
(5) Blood is thrown from the vessel in which it was received onto the northeast and southwest corners of the Mizbe'ach, so that it reaches both of the walls that meet at those two corners.
(6) The blood is applied with the Kohen's finger.
(8) The blood is thrown (Bechor, Ma'aser) or poured (Pesach) from the vessel in which it was received from the animal. The Yesod is the base of the Mizbe'ach.
id=r8 href=#f8>(8) The blood is not poured directly on the Yesod, but rather on the wall of the Mizbe'ach over the Yesod ("k'Neged ha'Yesod" -- Pesachim 64a, RAMBAM Hilchos Korban Pesach 1:6).
(9) The blood is sprinkled directly from the bird's neck.