שבת, פרשת וירא
Rosh Hashanah 14
(Click 'Read More' to display or hide text)
- Summary of the Daf
- Rebbi Elazar explains why the new year of fruits is in Shevat.
- Rebbi Akiva picked an Esrog on the first of Shevat, and separated Ma'aser from it twice.
- There is a dispute about whether an Esrog has the status of a fruit or a vegetable.
- The Gemara concludes that Rebbi Akiva was not trying to abide by both the opinions of Beis Shamai and Beis Hillel.
- The Gemara suggests that Raban Gamliel must maintain that an Esrog is like a vegetable not just for one law, but for two laws.
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~