יום א' פרשת לך לך
(Click 'Read More' to display or hide text)
ERUVIN 77 (7 Cheshvan) - Dedicated in honor of the Yahrzeit of ha'Gaon Rav Meir Shapiro (niftar 5694/1933), founder of the renowned Yeshivas Chachmei Lublin, representative of the Jewish community in the Polish parliament, and creator of the DAFYOMI STUDY CYCLE (see www.dafyomi.co.il/dafyomi.htm for more) - may he entreat before Hash-m's holy throne for the complete redemption of Klal Yisrael, speedily in our days!. Dedicated by Mr. and Mrs. Shmuel Kovacs of Ramat Beit Shemesh, Israel; may the great Gaon be a Melitz Yosher for the Kovacs children to grow up with love of Torah and Yir'as Shamayim and succeed in all that they do.
- Summary of the Daf
- Rav Nachman: If there is a wall between two courtyards, the top of the wall belongs to the courtyard that can use it more easily.
- The Gemara explains how to make the top of a wall (that is more than ten Tefachim high) usable.
- Items stuck loosely into the ground may be taken out of the ground on Shabbos.
- One may even stick a container into the ground to lessen the height from the floor of the yard to the top of the wall.
- Anything that may be used on Shabbos may not be used to lessen the height of the top of the wall.
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~