יום ב', פרשת ויגש
(Click 'Read More' to display or hide text)
TA'ANIS 24 - The Daf for 3 Teves (tonight) has been dedicated in memory of Hagaon Rav Yisroel Zev Gustman ZT"L (author of "Kuntresei Shiurim") and his wife, Rebbetzin Sarah Gustman (daughter of Hagaon Rav Meir Bassin, Dayan in Vilna) in honor of the Rebbetzin's Yahrzeit. Sponsored by a number of Rav Gustman's Talmidim (Harav Avrohom Feldman, Michael Starr and Mordecai Kornfeld).
- Summary of the Daf
- The Gemara discusses a certain person who was righteous but overly zealous.
- The charity collectors would hide from Elazar Ish Birta because they knew he would give them everything he had.
- Rebbi instituted a fast for rain, but rain came only after Ilfa (some say Rebbi) prayed for rain.
- The Gemara discusses many instances where fasts were instituted due to lack of rain.
- The Gemara explains that the amount of Torah knowledge one had acquired did not determine if his prayers for rain would be answered.
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~