יום ו', פרשת חקת
(Click 'Read More' to display or hide text)
YOMA 68 (8 Tamuz) - The Zechus of today's Dafyomi study is dedicated to the memory of Dr. Moshe Gottlieb z'l, who healed the sick of Jerusalem and Israel with Chesed, on the day of his Yahrzeit. Dedicated by his loving wife, children and grandchildren.
- Summary of the Daf
- The Mishnah discusses how the Kohen Gadol was notified that the Se'ir la'Azazel had been pushed off the cliff.
- The Kohen Gadol would publicly read the Parshah of Yom Kippur from the Torah.
- There was a special procedure for handing the Sefer Torah to the Kohen Gadol.
- The Gemara discusses whether it is permitted to derive personal benefit from the priestly garments.
- The Kohanim were certainly allowed to wear the priestly garments when they ate the meat of Korbanos.
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~