יום ה', יום כיפור
(Click 'Read More' to display or hide text)
- Summary of the Daf
- The amount of money a person is set to earn is decided by Hashem from year to year.
- The exception to this rule (#1) is expenses for Shabbos, Yom Tov, and tuition for teaching his sons Torah.
- The Gemara describes how Shamai often ate for the honor of Shabbos, even during the week.
- Hillel did not conduct himself in this manner (#3).
- A person receives a "Neshamah Yeseirah" ("an extra soul") before Shabbos, and it leaves him after Shabbos (see Rashi).
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~