brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|BERACHOS 32 - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the Yahrzeit of her father, Rav Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rabbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away on 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study -- which was so important to him -- during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.|
1. The Gemara describes Moshe Rabeinu's defense of Yisrael's sin with the Golden Calf.
2. Moshe Rabeinu's elevated status was due to his being the leader of Bnei Yisrael.
3. When Hashem proposed that He destroy Bnei Yisrael and bring forth a new nation from Moshe Rabeinu, Moshe Rabeinu refused.
4. Anyone who prays for a long time is assured that his prayer will be answered (in some sense).
5. Four things require constant strengthening.
A BIT MORE
1. One of Moshe Rabeinu's arguments was that it was not entirely Bnei Yisrael's fault that they made a Golden Calf, because Hashem gave them so much gold that they pleaded not to receive any more.
2. This is indicated by the words said by Hashem to Moshe immediately after the sin of the Golden Calf: "Go down." Hashem was telling Moshe that he his status of relations with Hashem would be reduced due to the sin of Bnei Yisrael.
3. Moshe Rabeinu said: If a chair of three legs (Avraham, Yitzchak, and Yakov) cannot stand at a time of sin, certainly a chair of one leg (myself) will not be able to stand if they sin.
4. However, a person should not feel so self-assured that his prayer will be answered to the extent that he is waiting for it to be answered. Such expectation will actually prevent his prayer from being answered.
5. They are: Torah study, good deeds, prayer, and one's profession.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Berachos