brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|FROM PREVIOUS CYCLE|
ROSH HASHANAH 31 (10 Sivan) - Today's study material has been dedicated by Mrs. Rita Grunberger of Queens, N.Y., in loving memory of her husband, Reb Yitzchok Yakov (Irving) ben Eliyahu Grunberger. Irving Grunberger helped many people quietly in an unassuming manner and is dearly missed by all who knew him. His Yahrzeit is 10 Sivan.
1. The Gemara lists the chapters of Psalms that were sung in the Beis ha'Mikdash on each day of the week.
2. The Gemara explains that the seven chapters of Psalms match the seven days of creation.
3. Rebbi Yochanan made another decree regarding witnesses testifying regarding the new moon.
4. Originally, a convert would separate money to offer a Korban after his conversion, even after the Beis ha'Mikdash was destroyed.
5. Rebbi Yochanan ben Zakai lived for 120 years.
A BIT MORE
1. They are the chapters of Psalms that we say in the Shir Shel Yom every day after Shacharis.
2. For example, in the psalm for Sunday we say, "To Hashem is the land and everything in it," because the first day was the day that Hashem established His ownership of the Heavens and Earth and His plan to give the land to man.
3. He decreed that they should always go to the Sanhedrin, even if the head of the Sanhedrin was elsewhere. Sanhedrin would sanctify the new moon, even without the head of the Sanhedrin present.
4. Rebbi Yochanan ben Zakai instituted that this should not be done, as this would cause people to misuse the consecrated money.
5. He worked for forty years, learned Torah for forty years, and taught Torah for forty years.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Rosh Hashanah