brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|YEVAMOS 90 - Dedicated in memory of Max (Meir Menachem ben Shlomo ha'Levi) Turkel, by his children Eddie and Lawrence and his wife Jean Turkel/Rafalowicz. Max was a warm and loving husband and father and is missed dearly by his family and friends. His Yahrzeit is 5 Teves.|
A Ketanah who was married off by her mother or brothers to a Kohen may eat Terumah mid'Rabanan.
A non-Kohen who mistakenly eats Terumah that is Tamei may pay the Kohen with Chulin that is Tamei.
A non-Kohen who mistakenly eats Terumah that is Tahor must pay the Kohen with Chulin that is Tahor. (1)
If the Zerikah of the blood of a Korban is mistakenly done with blood that is Tamei, it is a valid Zerikah. (2)
The Tzitz atones for the blood, meat, or Chelev of a Korban that has become Tamei.
The eating of the Korban by the Kohanim brings atonement for the owner of the Korban.
The Rabanan have the authority to instruct us to ignore a Mitzvas Aseh.
If a Navi instructs us to transgress a Mitzvah temporarily for the purpose of mending a breach in the Torah, we must heed his words.
If a husband sends a Get to his wife and subsequently annuls it in front of a Beis Din, it is a valid annulment, according to Rebbi. (3)
Any time a man performs an act of Kidushin, he does so in accordance with the will of the Rabanan. The Rabanan have the authority to annul the Kidushin. (4)
The Beis Din has the authority to give Malkus and other punishments, even when the Torah does not mandate it. (5)
A Kohen may not become Tamei to his wife if she is Pesulah to him.
The Rabanan granted the husband the Metzi'os of his wife in order to prevent resentment.
The Rabanan granted the husband the handiwork of his wife in exchange for the support that he gives her.
The Torah allows a husband to annul the vows of his wife so that she will not be repulsive to her husband.
A BIT MORE
1. Sumchus in the name of Rebbi Meir: If he instead pays with Chulin that is Tamei, it is a valid payment if he does so mistakenly, but not if he did so deliberately. Chachamim: In any event it is a valid payment, but he must make another payment of Chulin that is Tahor.
2. If the Zerikah deliberately was done with blood that is Tamei, the meat of the Korban may not be eaten.
3. Raban Shimon ben Gamliel maintains that it is not a valid annulment, and he also may not add any additional conditions to the Get.
4. If the Kidushin was done with money, the Rabanan make the money into a gift. If the Kidushin was done with Bi'ah, the Rabanan make the Bi'ah into a Bi'as Znus.
5. The Beis Din may do so for the purpose of mending a breach. One time, the Beis Din stoned someone for riding a horse on Shabbos, even though it is only an Isur mid'Rabanan, since people at that time were lax regarding the Halachos of Shabbos.
Index to Revach for Maseches Yoma