brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
YOMA 60 - Dedicated in honor of the first Yahrzeit of Mrs. Lily (Leah bas Pinchas) Kornfeld, a holocaust survivor who met all of life's challenges with courage and fortitude, by her daughter Shifra and family.
1. There is a discussion about what happens to the clothing that the Kohen Gadol wears on Yom Kippur.
2. There is a dispute about whether a law can be derived to the rest of the Torah from two topics where that law is found.
3. The Mishnah states that the Avodos of Yom Kippur must be performed in a certain order.
4. The Gemara discusses exceptions to the rule stated above (#3).
5. The Chafinah of the Ketores must be done after the slaughtering of the bull.
A BIT MORE
1. Rabanan: They require Genizah (burial). Rebbi Dosa: They may be worn by a different Kohen.
2. When the Torah writes a law regarding one specific topic, everyone agrees that it is possible to derive from there that the law applies to other similar topics (when the Torah methods of derivation can be applied). The dispute applies in cases where the Torah states this specific law regarding two different topics. Does the fact that it is mentioned in two places mean that the Torah specifically limits it to those two places, or does it still allow for us to derive that law to the rest of the Torah?
3. For example, the blood of the bull offering must be sprinkled before the blood of the goat offering. If the blood of the goat was sprinkled first, it must be sprinkled again after the blood of the bull.
4. Rebbi Yehudah: This does not apply to services performed in the Bigdei Lavan outside the Kodesh ha'Kodashim. Rebbi Nechemyah: This does not apply to any service performed while wearing the Bigdei Lavan.
5. The Gemara explains that this is even according to Rebbi Yehudah (#4). When Rebbi Yehudah said that things done outside the Kodesh ha'Kodashim do not have to be done in order, he was not referring to things needed for an Avodah in the Kodesh ha'Kodashim.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Yoma