brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|12TH CYCLE DEDICATIONS|
YOMA 56 - Dedicated l'Iluy Nishmas Reb Aharon Dovid ben Elimelech Shmuel Kornfeld (Muncasz/Israel/New York), who passed away on 3 Av 5761, by his daughter, Diane Koenigsberg, and family. May his love for Torah and for Eretz Yisrael be preserved in all of his descendants.
1. The Gemara discusses what one should do if he bought wine, right before Shabbos, that was not tithed.
2. The Gemara says that although Rebbi Yehudah does not allow Rebbi Meir's solution (in #1), he still may hold of "Bereirah."
3. The Gemara concludes that Rebbi Yehudah indeed does not hold of "Bereirah."
4. The Kohen Gadol sprinkles "one and seven" from both the bull and the goat Chatas.
5. Hashem is with us even when we are Tamei.
A BIT MORE
1. Rebbi Meir: Since one may not tithe produce on Shabbos, he may declare that the appropriate amount which will be left in the vessel after he drinks from it will be considered, now, Terumos and Ma'aseros. He is then permitted to drink. Rebbi Yehudah, Rebbi Yosi, and Rebbi Shimon: Such a declaration is not effective and he may not drink the wine.
2. It is possible that Rebbi Yehudah holds of "Bereirah" (see Daf 55, #5) but does not agree with Rebbi Meir in this case (#1) for a difference reason. He is concerned for the possibility that the vessel will break and the Terumos and Ma'aseros will never be given.
3. The Gemara proves this from the Gemara in Eruvin (36b) that clearly says that Rebbi Yehudah does not hold of "Bereirah."
4. Not only does he perform this sprinkling in the Kodesh ha'Kodashim between the poles of the Aron, but he also performs this sprinkling by the curtain of the Heichal.
5. This is derived directly from the verse, "The One Who dwells with them in their Tum'ah."
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Yoma