brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
YOMA 48 (23 Teves) - Dedicated in memory of Nachum ben Shlomo Dovid Mosenkis Z"L, who passed away on 23 Teves 5700, by his son and daughter-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. Sid Mosenkis.
1. A Kemitzah must be taken from Korban Minchah that is in a holy vessel and put into a second vessel.
2. If an animal is slaughtered and its blood falls on the floor before going into a vessel, the Korban is invalid.
3. One must attempt to receive in a vessel all of the blood of a Korban.
4. One can invalidate the Chafinah of Ketores if he has certain types of invalidating thoughts while doing it.
5. The Gemara is unsure about whether having invalid thoughts (#4) when arranging the coals disqualifies the Ketores.
A BIT MORE
1. Rav Papa is uncertain about whether the Kemitzah must be put on the bottom of the second vessel, or whether it may even be affixed to the inner wall of the second vessel.
2. However, if the blood was received in a vessel first and then it spilled onto the floor, the Korban may still be valid if enough of the blood can be recovered to perform a Zerikah (when Zerikah is performed).
3. The blood leftover after the Zerikah is spilled on the Yesod of the Mizbe'ach.
4. Just as one can disqualify a Korban by thinking -- while he performs the primary Avodos of the Korban -- that he will offer it on an invalid date, so can one disqualify Ketores by thinking -- while he performs the Chafinah -- that he will offer the Ketores at a later date (such as tomorrow).
5. The doubt is whether getting the coals ready for the immediate offering of the Ketores upon them is considered a primary Avodah of the Ketores or not.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Yoma