brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|YOMA 46 - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the Yahrzeit of her father, Rav Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rabbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away on 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study -- which was so important to him -- during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.|
1. Rebbi Elazar: A separate fire is made, even on Shabbos, for those Olos that did not get totally burned the day before.
2. There is a dispute about whether a fifth fire (for the limbs of the previous day's Olah) is arranged on the Mizbe'ach when Yom Kippur falls on Shabbos.
3. There is a dispute about whether the Korban Tamid overrides Shabbos (when offered on Erev Shabbos) and Tum'ah.
4. There is a dispute about the law in the case of a person who extinguishes a coal from the Mizbe'ach when it is on the ground.
5. A second version of the Gemara above (#4) says that the dispute applies even when the coal is still on the Mizbe'ach.
A BIT MORE
1. This is done even if the Olah was invalid. However, if the limbs were already placed on the Mizbe'ach, they should not be removed.
2. Bar Kapara and Rava: A fifth fire is arranged, as the Mishnah says, "Four fires were made every day," including on Yom Kippur that falls on Shabbos. Rav Huna: A fifth fire was not made on Yom Kippur that falls on Shabbos.
3. Rav Huna: Its limbs are not burned on Shabbos. Rav Chisda: The burning of its limbs does override Shabbos, but they are not burned if the limbs are Tamei. Rabah: Its limbs are burned if Tamei, but they are not burned on Shabbos.
4. Abaye: He is liable for transgressing "Lo Sichbeh" -- "do not extinguish [the flame on the Mizbe'ach]." Rava: Once it is designated to be used for another purpose, it is no longer part of the fire of the Mizbe'ach.
5. This version understands that Rava would say that if the coal is designated for another purpose, then even if it is still on the Mizbe'ach but is removed from the burning pyre on which the limbs are burned, he is exempt.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Yoma