brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|(14 Sivan) - Dedicated by Doug Rabin in memory of his mother, Leah Miriam bat Yisroel (Lucy) Rabin, in honor of her Yahrzeit.|
1. When the Kohen Gadol is serving in the Kodesh ha'Kodashim, it is forbidden for anyone to be in the Heichal.
2. The Ketores offered in the Kodesh ha'Kodashim serves as atonement for the entire nation.
3. The Ketores specifically atones for the sin of Lashon ha'Ra.
4. When the Kohen Gadol offers Ketores in the Heichal, it is forbidden for anyone to stand between the Mizbe'ach and the Ulam.
5. Rebbi Yosi: This law (#4) also applies in certain cases when the Kohen Gadol sprinkles blood in the Heichal.
A BIT MORE
1. It is also forbidden for them to be in the Heichal as he leaves the Kodesh ha'Kodashim.
2. The fact that the Ketores atones is derived from the verse, "And he placed the Ketores and he atoned for the people."
3. More specifically, it atones for evil speech that is done in private (see Erchin 16a).
4. In contrast, when he serves in the Kodesh ha'Kodashim, no one may enter the Heichal while he offers the Ketores, sprinkles blood, enters, and leaves.
5. This applies when the Kohen Gadol sprinkles the blood of a Par Kohen Mashi'ach, Par He'elem Davar, and Se'ir Avodas Kochavim.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Yoma