brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|YOMA 55 - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the Yahrzeit of her father, Rav Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rabbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away on 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study -- which was so important to him -- during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.|
12TH CYCLE DEDICATIONS
YOMA 55 (7 Av) - Dedicated in memory of Dr. Simcha Bekelnitzky (Simcha Gedalya ben Shraga Feibush) of Queens, N.Y., by his wife and daughters on his ninth Yahrzeit. G-d-fearing and knowledgeable, Simcha was well known in the community for his Chesed and Tzedakah. He will long be remembered.
1. The Gemara discusses how the Kohen Gadol counted the sprinklings of blood.
2. There is a dispute about why the Kohen Gadol was required to count the sprinklings out loud.
3. There was no box in which to deposit money for the Kohanim to bring obligatory bird offerings.
4. A Chatas sent by someone from overseas is offered.
5. Rebbi Yehudah does not hold of "Bereirah."
A BIT MORE
1. One opinion is that he would say, "Achas v'Shtayim, Achas v'Shalosh," etc. The other opinion is that he would say, "Shtayim v'Achas, Shalosh v'Achas," etc.
2. Rebbi Eliezer: This was merely so that he should not make a mistake regarding the number of sprinkles. Rebbi Yochanan: The verse mandates counting the first sprinkling together with the other seven.
3. This is the opinion of Rebbi Yehudah, who is worried about the obligatory bird offerings being mixed up with the voluntary bird offerings.
4. We do not suspect that the owner of the offering has died, rendering it a Chatas that may not be brought but must be put to death.
5. This means he does not hold of the principle that a present status may be determined by a future event.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Yoma