brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|SHEKALIM 10 (24 Cheshvan) - dedicated by Dr. Moshe and Rivkie Snow in memory of Rivkie's father, the Manostrishtcher Rebbe, Hagaon Rav Yitzchak Yoel ben Harav Gedaliah Aharon Rabinowitz Ztz"l, Rav of Kehilas Nachalas Yehoshua in Canarsie, NY. A personification of the Torah scholar of old, the Ukranian-born Rebbe lived most of his life in the United States where his warm ways changed many lives.|
1. All parts of all Korbanos may be brought from outside of Eretz Yisrael.
2. There is a dispute about what was done with the surplus money in the Terumas ha'Lishkah.
3. Rebbi Akiva says that Hekdesh was not run like a business.
4. There were Torah scholars who taught the Kohanim the laws of offering Korbanos.
5. The Gemara lists people who received a salary from the work they performed in the Beis ha'Mikdash.
A BIT MORE
1. The exception to this rule is the Omer and the Shtei ha'Lechem.
2. Some say that everything that this money was used to fix whatever needed to be fixed in Yerushalayim. Others say that Hekdesh used it to buy wines and oils and sell them to people who needed to bring libations for their Korbanos (and Hekdesh would profit from the transaction).
3. He therefore objects to buying wine and oils and selling them for a profit, as it is denigrating for Hekdesh to engage in such business.
4. They received a salary from the Terumas ha'Lishkah (Machatzis ha'Shekel money).
5. This includes the people who examined the Korbanos for blemishes, the people who checked the Sefer Torah in the Azarah (see Mishnah Eliyahu at length), and the women who wove the Paroches.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Shekalim