brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. The Gemara continues to discuss one of the Halachic questions that the people of Alexandria asked Rebbi Yehosua ben Chananya.
2. The Gemara continues to discuss the Agadic questions of the people of Alexandria.
3. The Gemara continues to discuss the silly questions of the people of Alexandria.
4. The Gemara continues to discuss the questions regarding advice for life of the people of Alexandria.
5. The people of Alexandria also asked how one becomes rich.
A BIT MORE
1. The question involved two Metzora'im whose Korbanos became mixed up. The Korban of one of them was offered, and one of them died. The question was how the remaining Metzora can become Tahor.
2. For example, they asked how one verse can state, "For I do not want the dead person to die," while a different verse states, "For Hashem wanted to kill them." Rebbi Yehoshua answered that the first verse refers to Hashem Who waits for the evildoers to repent. The second verse refers to a case in which the evildoers clearly had no intent to repent.
3. For example, when they asked whether the body of Lot's wife causes Tum'as Mes, Rebbi Yehoshua replied that only dead people cause Tum'ah, not blocks of salt. When they asked whether the son of the Shunamis revived by Elisha caused Tum'ah, Rebbi Yehoshua answered that only dead people (as opposed to live people) cause Tum'ah.
4. For example, they asked how a person becomes wise. Rebbi Yehoshua answered that they should spend most of their time learning Torah and a small amount of time working to make a living. When they noted that many people failed with that approach, Rebbi Yehoshua remarked that one should pray to Hashem to make him wise.
5. Rebbi Yehoshua answered that they should use a lot of their time making a living and deal honestly. When they noted that many people failed with that approach, Rebbi Yehoshua remarked that one should pray to Hashem to make him rich.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Nidah