brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|12TH CYCLE DEDICATIONS:|
PESACHIM 6-10 - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the sixth Yahrzeit of her father, Reb Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rebbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study, which was so important to him, during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.
1. It is not necessary to search a Chatzer for Chametz.
2. It is best to use a torch (multi-wick candle) rather than a candle with a single wick for Havdalah.
3. No harm will befall a Shali'ach Mitzvah (someone on the way to do a Mitzvah).
4. One who gives charity so that his son should recover (from an illness), or in order to merit Olam ha'Ba, is considered a righteous person.
5. Even if a person is a Shali'ach to perform a Mitzvah, he may not be protected if he is sent to a dangerous place.
A BIT MORE
1. This is because birds will find any edible Chametz there and eat it.
2. However, when searching for Chametz, one should use only a candle with a single wick. Such a candle is easy to maneuver into narrow areas, which is difficult to do with a large flame provided by a torch.
3. However, if he stops on the way to perform a mundane task, he is not protected during that time.
4. This is as long as he will not regret having given this charity even if his son does not recover.
5. This is apparent from Shmuel's hesitancy in anointing David as king while Shaul was still the official king. He was afraid that if Shaul would hear of David's anointment, it would place him (Shmuel) in grave danger.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Pesachim