brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|PESACHIM 112 - Dedicated l'Iluy Nishmas Reb Naftali ben Reb Menachem Mendel Bodner Z"L by his wife, Alice Bodner. A man who loved Chesed, Tuli Bodner applied his many talents to help everyone he knew in any way he could. His cheerful greeting is warmly remembered by all who knew him. He was Niftar on 5 Cheshvan 5765; Yehi Zichro Baruch.|
12TH CYCLE DEDICATIONS:
PESACHIM 112 - (11 Iyar) - dedicated by the Feldman family in memory of their mother, ha'Rabbanit Sara Dvosya bas Rav Mordechai (of Milwaukee).
1. An evil spirit rests on food or drink stored under a bed, so one should not it eat.
2. The Gemara lists the seven special things that Rebbi Akiva told his son, Rebbi Yehoshua.
3. Rebbi Akiva also said not to enter your own home suddenly (unannounced), and all the more so not to enter the home of another suddenly.
4. The Gemara lists five things that Rebbi Akiva told Rebbi Shimon ben Yochai.
5. Rebbi Yehudah ha'Nasi told his sons four things.
A BIT MORE
1. This rule applies even if the food is stored in a metal container.
2. Among them were: Do not learn Torah in a place where people will disturb you, and do not live in a place run by Talmidei Chachamim, since they are too involved with learning to take care of the city properly.
3. Rather, one should make a noise indicating that he is approaching (such as a knock on the door).
4. One of them was that if a young child is taught something in a mistaken fashion, that mistake will remain with him.
5. One of them was not to stand in front of an ox when it comes out of a swamp, as it is tempted to gore.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Pesachim