brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|ME'ILAH 6 - Dedicated l'Zechut Refu'ah Shleimah for Elisheva Chaya bat Leah. Dedicated by Michael Steinberg, David Steinberg, and Ethan Steinberg.|
1. The Gemara cites three different proofs from various Beraisos that "the time [that] a Korban is permitted" is after the sprinkling of the blood.
2. There is a dispute about meat of Kodshei Kodashim that was taken outside the Azarah before the sprinkling of the blood.
3. Rebbi Akiva proves his point from a case in which a Chatas was lost, a second animal was designated in the first one's place, and then the first one was found.
4. The Mishnah quotes a similar dispute in the case of limbs of Kodshim Kalim -- destined to be burned on the Mizbe'ach -- that were taken outside of the Azarah before the sprinkling of the blood.
5. Rebbi Yochanan: Rebbi Akiva ruled that the sprinkling affects meat that was removed from its designated area before the sprinkling of the blood only when some meat still remains in the designated area.
A BIT MORE
1. However, each proof is refuted; perhaps the Beraisa instead means after the blood was received but was not yet sprinkled.
2. Rebbi Eliezer: Me'ilah still applies and one cannot be liable for Pigul, Nosar, or Tum'ah with Kodshim due to this meat. Rebbi Akiva: Me'ilah does not apply and one can be liable for Pigul, Nosar, and Tum'ah with Kodshim.
3. Rebbi Akiva: If both animals are slaughtered simultaneously as a Chatas, and the blood of one is sprinkled first, this sprinkling certainly removes both Korbanos from the applicability of Me'ilah, since they are considered one Korban. Accordingly, the sprinkling of blood from a Korban certainly should exempt any part of it from Me'ilah.
4. Rebbi Eliezer: Me'ilah does not apply and one cannot be liable for Pigul, Nosar, or Tum'ah with Kodshim due to this meat. Rebbi Akiva: Me'ilah does apply and one can be liable for Pigul, Nosar, and Tum'ah with Kodshim due to this meat.
5. His logic is that since the sprinkling is effective for some of the meat of this Korban, it is effective for all of it.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Me'ilah