brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|12th Cycle Dedication|
ERCHIN 13 - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the twelfth Yahrzeit of her father, Rav Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rabbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away on 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study -- which was so important to him -- during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.
1. It took Bnei Yisrael seven years to capture Eretz Yisrael.
2. In the area in the Beis ha'Mikdash where sheep were kept, there must always be at least six sheep present that are ready to be offered as a Korban Tamid at any moment.
3. A sheep designated to be offered as a Korban Tamid must be examined four days before it is offered in order to ascertain that it is free of blemishes.
4. Levite children were allowed to sing the song of the Korban in the Beis ha'Mikdash along with their fathers.
5. The Mishnah lists the payments in the Torah that have a set value, cases in which a person might pay more than the actual value, or less, depending on the situation.
A BIT MORE
1. The Gemara proves this from the verses in Yehoshua in which Kalev speaks about his age at the time of the conquest of Eretz Yisrael.
2. The Mishnah says that this number is the amount of sheep that would be required to be prepared for a Shabbos immediately precedes or follows two days of Rosh Hashanah, as the three days would require six Korbenos Tamid.
3. This is derived from the term "guard," which is used in reference to the sheep for the Korban Tamid, and in reference to the Korban Pesach offered in Egypt. Just as the latter was examined for four days before it was offered, the Tamid also must be examined four days before it is offered.
4. While they were not allowed to perform other services such as gate keeping, they were allowed to sing together with the adults. This is derived from a verse that says that some of the Levite sons came to sing with their fathers.
5. For example, a pledge of Erchin can be much more or much less than the person's actual value.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Erchin