brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|12th Cycle Dedication|
ERCHIN 5 - Dedicated in memory of Rivkah bas Reb Avraham Leib, who passed away on 15 Adar 5764, and her husband, Nachum ben Reb Shlomo Dovid (Mosenkis) Z"L, who passed away on 23 Teves 5700, by their son and daughter-in-law, Sid and Sylvia Mosenkis (of Queens, NY).
1. There is a dispute about a person who declares that the foot of his animal should be a Korban Olah.
2. Even the opinion that says that the entire animal is not an Olah (in #1 above) agrees that if the head was dedicated to be an Olah, the entire animal becomes an Olah.
3. If the value of an unblemished animal is dedicated to be used for a Korban, the animal itself should be offered as the Korban.
4. There is a discussion about a person who pledges a set value of a child less than one month old (who has no set value).
5. There is a disagreement about the set value status of a Nochri.
A BIT MORE
1. Rebbi Meir and Rebbi Yehudah: It should be sold to be an Olah, and the value of the foot should go to Hekdesh. Rebbi Yosi and Rebbi Shimon: The entire animal is an Olah.
2. The person said, "I will offer the head of this animal as an Olah." However, if the person said, "I will dedicate the value of this animal's head towards the value of an Olah," and the animal is blemished, he must pay to Hekdesh only the amount of its head.
3. When an object can be offered itself as a Korban is dedicated with Kedushas Damim, that Kedushah becomes Kedushas ha'Guf and the object itself becomes the Korban.
4. Rebbi Meir: He gives the child's actual value to Hekdesh, since a person does not say things without meaning something of import, and he therefore must have meant actual value. Chachamim: He owes nothing, since sometimes a person will say things for no reason.
5. Rebbi Meir: A Nochri has a set value if he is the object of the pledge, but he cannot pledge a set value. Rebbi Yehudah: He may pledge a set value, but he himself has no set value. Everyone agrees that he can pledge the actual value, and that he has an actual value.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Erchin