brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|CHULIN 31-43 - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the Yahrzeit of her father, Rav Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rabbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away on 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study -- which was so important to him -- during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.|
1. According to Rabah bar bar Chanah, only Chulin treated with the Taharah of Terumah can become a Shelishi, according to Rebbi Yehoshua, but not Chulin treated with the Taharah of Kodesh. Ula disagrees.
2. The Neveilah of a Kosher bird is not Metamei unless it is swallowed.
3. Food is not Metamei unless it is at least the size of an egg.
4. Anything which causes Terumah to become Pasul is Metamei liquid and makes it into a Rishon, with the exception of a Tevul Yom.
5. According to Rebbi Yehoshua, one who eats a Shelishi l'Tum'ah of Chulin treated with the Taharah of Terumah becomes a Sheni for Kodesh.
6. There is a disagreement among the Amora'im about whether Rebbi Yochanan maintains that one who eats a Shelishi l'Tum'ah of Chulin that is treated with the Taharah of Kodesh becomes a Sheni for Kodesh, according to Rebbi Yehoshua.
7. Ula maintains that if one eats a Shelishi l'Tum'ah of Chulin treated with the Taharah of Terumah, his body becomes Pasul and he may not eat Terumah.
8. A Rishon l'Tum'ah is Metamei Terumah, and a Sheni causes Terumah to become Pasul. A Shelishi of spices that is mixed in with food may be eaten.
A BIT MORE
1. According to Ula, since Chulin treated with the Taharah of Terumah becomes a Shelishi, certainly Chulin treated with the Taharah of Kodesh becomes a Shelishi.
2. It is Metamei the person who swallows it, together with the clothing that he is wearing.
3. However, if one swallows food that is Tamei, he becomes Tamei only if he swallowed at least the amount of two eggs.
4. The Rabanan decreed that a number of items cause Terumah to become Pasul, such as a person's unwashed hands, and a Sefer. If any of these items come into contact with liquid, the liquid becomes a Rishon mid'Rabanan.
5. Since the Taharah of Terumah is considered to be Tamei for Kodesh, a Shelishi of Terumah is considered a Sheni for Kodesh.
6. According to Rabah bar bar Chanah, Chulin treated with the Taharah of Kodesh is no different from ordinay Chulin and does not become a Shelishi. Rav Asi disagrees.
7. He becomes a Shelishi for Terumah. He may not eat Terumah, but he may come into contact with Terumah.
8. Although a Shelishi l'Tum'ah of Chulin treated with the Taharah of Terumah may not be eaten because it prevents the person from eating Terumah, nevertheless, spices -- which are less than the size of an olive in an Achilas Peras -- may be eaten.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Chulin