brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. The utensils which were used for Klei Shares at the time of Moshe were sanctified with the Shemen ha'Mishchah. In subsequent generations they were sanctified only through use.
2. Expanding the city of Yerushalayim requires a King, a Navi, the Urim v'Tumim, the Sanhedrin of seventy one judges and two breads of a Korban Todah.
3. An Olah from an animal, an Olah from a bird, and a Minchah are all referred to as "a nice smelling sacrifice." This teaches us that the size is not important; what matters is whether one directs one's heart to our Father in Heaven.
4. Expanding the *Azarah* requires a King, a Navi, the Urim v'Tumim, the Sanhedrin of seventy one judges and the leftover part of a Minchah.
5. Chametz may not be used for a Minchah, with the exception of the Shtei ha'Lechem of Shavu'os.
6. The Beis ha'Mikdash may not be built on Shabbos or Yom Tov or at night.
7. While expanding the Azarah or the Beis ha'Mikdash, the song of Mizmor l'Sodah was sung accompanied by many musical instruments.
8. It is forbidden to use verses of the Torah for healing purposes.
9. If a person spits on a wound and recites the verse of "any illness that I placed on Mitzrayim I will not place on you because I am Hashem your Healer" - he does not receive a share in the World to Come.
10. There is a disagreement if the two breads of the Todah which were carried at the time of the expansion of Yerushalayim were carried one behind the other or one next to the other.
A BIT MORE
1. Although any expansion of the Azarah or Yerushalayim must be done in the same way it was done at the time of Moshe, the Torah teaches us that the sanctification of the Klei Shares is not done in the same way.
2. If the expansion of Yerushalayim was missing any of these preconditions the expanded section would not be considered part of Yerushalayim. It would be forbidden to eat Ma'aser Sheni or Kodshim Kalim there.
3. The same is true regarding the size of the animal which is designated for a Korban.
4. The expansion of Yerushalayim requires breads from a Todah which may be eaten anywhere in Yerushalayim. The expansion of the Azarah requires the leftovers from a Minchah which may be eaten only in the Azarah.
5. Even the leftovers of a Minchah which is eaten by the Kohanim may not be made into Chametz.
6. Consequently, the Shtei ha'Lechem of Shavu'os is not used to sanctify the expansion of Azarah, as the Mikdash may not be built on Shavu'os. It also may not be completed on Motza'i Shavu'os even if the majority of the Mikdash was built prior to Yom Tov.
7. They also recited Mizmor Shir Chanukas ha'Bayis, Yoshev b'Seiser and Mizmor l'David b'Borcho Mipnei Avshalom.
8. However, it is permitted to use verses of the Torah for protection.
9. It is forbidden to recite the Shem Hashem after spitting.
10. The breads were carried in front of the Beis Din and the rest of Yisrael walked behind the Beis Din.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Shevuos