brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. According to Rebbi Akiva, a Zaken Mamrei is put to death only by the Beis Din ha'Gadol of Yerushalayim, and only at the time of the Regel. Rebbi Yehudah disagrees.
2. Four Misos Beis Din must be publicized: a Mesis, Zaken Mamrei, Ben Sorer u'Moreh and Edim Zomemim.
3. There are three Aveiros regarding Nevu'ah which are punished with Chenek.
4. There are three Aveiros regarding Nevu'ah which are punished with Misah B'Yedei Shamayim.
5. One prophecy may be heard by many Nevi'im, but two Nevi'im will never express their Nevu'ah in the same words.
6. Once a Navi gives a sign, he is regarded as a Navi la'Hashem and it is forbidden to transgress his words.
7. Rebbi Yochanan says that Hashem Yisbarach commanded Avraham Avinu to bring Yitzchak as a Korban as a result of the words of the Satan.
8. Rebbi Levi says that Hashem Yisbarach commanded Avraham Avinu to bring Yitzchak as a Korban as a result of the words of Yishmael.
9. The Rabanan hold that a Medi'ach is punished with Sekilah, while Rebbi Shimon holds that he is punished with Chenek.
A BIT MORE
1. Rebbi Yehudah maintains that we are not allowed to delay an execution. Therefore a Zaken Mamrei is put to death immediately. Beis Din sends out emissaries to announce that the person was Chayav Misah.
2. Regarding all of these Aveiros the verse states that all of Yisrael shall hear and fear. Regarding Edim Zomemim the verse states that the remaining people shall hear and fear. The reason for the change in terminology is that since all of Israel are not fit to be witnesses there is not a need for the entire nation to hear about this as a preventative measure to giving false testimony. Therefore, by Edim Zomemim, when the verse states that the remaining people shall hear and fear it is referring to those who are kosher to give testimony.
3. A false Navi who prophesizes regarding something he never heard, or regarding something which he was not told, but was told to someone else, or someone who prophesizes in the name of an Avodah Zarah is Chayav Chenek.
4. A Navi who suppresses his Nevu'ah, someone who transgresses the words of a Navi and a Navi who transgresses his own Nevu'ah are Chayav Misah B'Yedei Shamayim.
5. If all of the Nevi'im prophesize in the same Lashon it indicates that they are Nevi'ei Sheker.
6. A Navi who is Muchzak to be a Tzadik and a Navi Emes is not required to give a sign. For that reason, Yitzchak heeded the Nevu'ah of Avraham Avinu on Har Moriyah and Bnei Yisrael heeded the Nevu'ah of Eliyahu in Har ha'Carmel to bring a Korban outside the Beis ha'Mikdash.
7. The Satan said in front of Hashem that Avraham Avinu made many celebratory Se'udos in honor of the son that he was granted at the age of 100 and yet he did not sacrifice one bird in thanksgiving to Hashem. Hashem retorted "All of the Se'udos were in honor of his son. If I commanded him to bring his son as a Korban he would do so."
8. Yishmael said to Yitzchak, "I am greater than you in Mitzvos because I had a Bris Milah at thirteen years of age, while you had your Bris at eight days old." Yitzchak responded, " If Hashem Yisbarach commanded me to bring myself as a Korban I would do so."
9. The Rabanan maintain that both a Navi who is Medi'ach others to worship Avodah Zarah and a Medi'ach of an Ir ha'Nidachas are Chayav Sekilah. Rebbi Shimon holds that they are both Chayav Chenek.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Sanhedrin