brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. Rebbi Yochanan says that anyone who says Menasheh does not have a share in the World to Come weakens the resolve of Ba'alei Teshuvah.
2. Hashem wanted to turn the world into Tohu and Vohu because of the deeds of King Yehoyakim. However, when He saw the deeds of the other people of the generation He was appeased.
3. Hashem wanted to turn the world into Tohu and Vohu because of the deeds of the generation of King Tzidkiyahu. However, when He saw the deeds of Tzidkiyahu He was appeased.
4. There are four groups of people who will not merit to behold the Shechinah.
5. A person who has a lot of enemies is assured that he is hated in Heaven as well.
6. Avshalom does not have a share in the World to Come.
7. King Achaz placed an idol in his attic. King Menasheh placed one in the Heichal. King Amon placed one in the Kodesh ha'Kodashim.
8. Providing food for visiting travelers is a very important practice. Because they did not do so, Amon and Moav were distanced from Klal Yisrael.
A BIT MORE
1. When Menasheh attempted to do Teshuvah, the Midas ha'Din prevented him. Hashem made a tunnel in heaven in order to allow Menasheh to do Teshuvah in a way that would circumvent the Midas ha'Din.
2. Yehoyakim was a Rasha, but the people of that generation were Tzadikim and Talmidei Chachamim.
3. When Tzidkiyahu became king, the Talmidei Chachamim had already been exiled by Nevuchadnetzar and the remaining people were Resha'im, with the exception of King Tzidkiyahu. Although the verse states that Tzidkiyahu did evil in the eyes of Hashem, his only Aveirah was that he did not sufficiently protest the deeds of his generation.
4. The four groups are: scoffers, liars, flatterers, and people who speak Lashon ha'Ra.
5. However, this does not apply to Tzadikim, as we find that David ha'Melech and Nechemyah had many enemies.
6. Achaz, Achazyahu, and all of the kings of Yisrael about whom the verse states, "he did evil in the eyes of Hashem," will not live in the World to Come with the Tzadikim, but will not be punished in Gehinom.
7. Achaz canceled the Avodah in the Beis ha'Mikdash and sealed off the Torah. Menasheh cut out the names of Hashem from the Sifrei Torah and demolished the Mizbe'ach. Amon burned the Torah and completely terminated the Avodah until spider webs formed on the Mizbe'ach.
8. Amon and Moav refused to provide food for Klal Yisrael in the Midbar. Consequently, the Torah prohibits a Ger from those two nations from marrying into Klal Yisrael.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Sanhedrin