1. Elimelech, Machlon, and Kilyon were punished because they left Eretz Yisrael and went to live in Chutz la'Aretz.
2. Avraham Avinu's mother's name was Amaslai bas Karnevo.
3. Rebbi Yochanan and others reminisced about a time when things were different.
4. Machlon and Kilyon are called "Yoash" and "Saraf" respectively in Divrei ha'Yamim.
5. Ruth sat at the side of Shlomo ha'Melech when he was king.
A BIT MORE
1. Rebbi Yehoshua ben Korchah argues that they were punished because they should have prayed for the welfare of their generation and they failed to do so.
2. Haman's mother's name was Amaslai bas Urvasi.
3. For example, Rebbi Yochanan said that he remembered a time when teenage boys and girls could walk together in the marketplace without sinning. (Already in his older years that was no longer possible.)
4. There is a dispute about whether their real names were Machlon and Kilyon or Yoash and Saraf. Both opinions say that their other names are meant to describe a negative aspect of their character or a punishment that resulted from their negative behavior.
5. The verse says, "And he placed a chair for the mother of the king." Rebbi Elazar says that this refers to Ruth, Shlomo's great-great grandmother.