1. The Gemara explains how Eretz Yisrael was divided among the twelve tribes.
2. Elazar predicted which tribe would be selected for which portion, before the lots were drawn.
3. When Mashi'ach comes, Eretz Yisrael will be divided again into thirteen portions.
4. Yehoshua and Kalev received their portions without a lottery.
5. When a person dies without leaving many possessions, his daughters receive the inheritance in order to buy food.
A BIT MORE
1. Elazar wore the Urim v'Tumim. Yehoshua and all of Yisrael stood before him. In front of them were two boxes. One box contained the names of the tribes. Another box contained the names of the portions of Eretz Yisrael.
2. This was done in order to show Bnei Yisrael that each lot was deemed by Hashem to be fitting for that tribe. The lots did not come up in the order of the tribes, but rather in a random order (first Zevulun, then Naftali, etc.).
3. The thirteenth portion will be for the king (Mashi'ach).
4. This is because the verse explicitly states that they were given portions. Yehoshua was given Timnas Chares, while Kalev was given the suburbs of Chevron.
5. The sons do not inherit at all. If they are poor, they must ask for charity.