brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
A woman who secludes herself after Kinuy and Setirah for the Shi'ur of Tum'ah is forbidden to her husband.
The Shi'ur of Tum'ah is the time it takes for Ha'arah (a partial Bi'ah).
The Shi'ur for Ha'arah is a Machlokes Tana'im. (1)
Ben Azai never married. (2)
Someone who has relations with a Zonah will eventually have to search for a piece of bread.
Anyone who disgraces the Mitzvah of Netilas Yadayim will be uprooted from the world.
A person must lift his hands when washing Netilas Yadayim. (3)
A person shall keep his hands down when washing Mayim Acharonim.
If someone eats bread without drying his hands it is tantamount to eating bread that is Tamei.
Anyone who has relations with a married woman even if he learned Torah he will not be saved from the Din of Gehinom.
Rebbi Yochanan says in the name of Rebbi Shimon Bar Yochai that having Gasus ha'Ru'ach is tantamount to worshipping Avodah Zarah. (4)
Rebbi Chama Bar Chanina says that having Gasus ha'Ru'ach is tantamount to one who is Bo'el all of the Arayos. (5)
A BIT MORE
1. The various opinions are Hakafas ha'Dekel, Chazaras ha'Dekel, diluting a Kos of wine with water, diluting a Kos and drinking it, cooking an egg, cooking and eating an egg, eating three eggs one after the other, tying a knot, taking out a splinter from between one's teeth and taking a bread out of a basket.
2. Some say he married and divorced.
3. This is in order to avoid the possibility that maybe he washed his hands for the first time past the joint and the second time he only washed until the joint. Perhaps the water from the first washing will drip inside the joint and it will be Metamei his hands since the water from the first washing remains Tamei until the water of the second washing is Metaher the water.
4. Rebbi Yochanan himself says that it is as if he was Kofer b'Ikar.
5. Ula says that it is as if he built a Bamah.
Anyone who disgraces the Mitzvah of Netilas Yadayim will be uprooted from the world. Rashi says that the reason is because someone who transgresses the words of the Chachamim is Chayav Misah because the Pasuk says someone who is Poretz Geder will be bitten by a snake. Tosfos asks why is Netilas Yadayim singled out among all of the Mitzvos mid'Rabanan; there is a Chiyuv Misah for transgressing any of the words of the Chachamim! Furthermore the Gemara says elsewhere that the punishment for disgracing Netilas Yadayim is poverty. Tosfos answers that the punishment for disgracing Netilas Yadayim is that he is uprooted from the world by means of poverty which is a worse death than being uprooted by being bitten a snake.
DISGRACING NETILAS YADAYIM
It is forbidden to feed bread to someone who will not wash his hands even if the recipient is the one who puts the bread in his mouth. It is forbidden to disgrace Netilas Yadayim. The Chachamim commanded us many times regarding this and warned us about it. Even if one only has just enough water for drinking he should wash his hands from some of it and eat bread and drink the rest of it. (Rambam Hilchos Berachos 6:19)
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Sotah