brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|TA'ANIS 28 (7 Teves) - Dedicated in memory of Max (Meir Menachem ben Shlomo ha'Levi) Turkel, by his children Eddie and Lawrence and his wife Jean Turkel/Rafalowicz. Max was a warm and loving husband and father and is missed dearly by his family and friends. His Yahrzeit is 5 Teves.|
1. The nine families that would bring wood did so every year, even if there was already enough wood in the Beis ha'Mikdash.
2. The days when the nine families brought wood were instituted by the prophets at the beginning of the period of the second Beis ha'Mikdash.
3. The Gemara discusses the meritorious acts of the family of Salmai ha'Nechufasi.
4. There are 18 days a year when the full Hallel is recited in Eretz Yisrael.
5. There are 21 days a year when the full Hallel is recited outside of Eretz Yisrael.
A BIT MORE
1. This was done in order to commemorate the fact that their families had been the ones to donate wood at the start of the second Beis ha'Mikdash when there was a severe shortage of wood.
2. The fact that this should be done every year is stated explicitly in a verse in Nechemyah (10:35).
3. When an evil king prohibited bringing fruit and wood into the Beis ha'Mikdash, the family of Salmai ha'Nechufasi would smuggle Bikurim and wood into the Beis ha'Mikdash by fooling the guards into thinking that it was for other purposes.
4. These are the eight days of Sukos, eight days of Chanukah, one day of Shavuos, and the first day of Pesach.
5. The extra three days are Sukos (last day), Pesach (second day), and Shavuos (second day).
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Ta'anis