brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. The limbs of an Olah must be cut into pieces, but the pieces may not be cut into more pieces.
2. The bones of a Korban Pesach may not be broken, but they may be burned.
3. An Eglah Arufah may not be cut up after the Arifah.
4. A Parah Adumah may not be cut up before it is burned.
5. When the Se'ir ha'Mishtale'ach is pushed off the cliff, by the time it is halfway down it is already broken into pieces.
6. Witnesses testify that a person is Chayav Misah. If the witnesses are found to be Edim Zomemim before the defendant was put to death, they are Chayav Misah. If the defendant was already put to death, the Edim Zomemim are not Chayav Misah.
A BIT MORE
1. The limbs must be cut up before they are placed on the Mizbe'ach to be burned.
2. The tendons may be cut, even the tendons which are hard like bones.
3. Cutting it up would make it impossible to check the animal after the Arifah to see if it is a Tereifah. Since an Eglah Arufah atones like a Korban, it is Pasul if it is a Tereifah. Nevertheless, since most animals are not Tereifos, we rely on the majority and assume that the Eglah Arufah is not a Tereifah.
4. That makes it impossible to check if it is a Tereifah. Since a Parah Adumah is called a "Chatas," it is Pasul if it is a Tereifah. Nevertheless, since most animals are not Tereifos, we rely on the majority and assume that the Parah Adumah is not a Tereifah.
5. That makes it impossible to check if it is a Tereifah. Since the lots that are drawn on the two goats are not valid unless both goats are fit to be the Se'ir la'Hashem, the lots are invalid if the Se'ir ha'Mishtale'ach is a Tereifah. Nevertheless, since most animals are not Tereifos, we rely on the majority and assume that the goats are not Tereifos.
6. Although the logic of a Kal va'Chomer should dictate that if the defendant has been put to death, then certainly the Edim Zomemim should be Chayav Misah, nevertheless Beis Din may not punish a person on the basis of a Kal va'Chomer.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Chulin