brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|12th CYCLE DEDICATION:|
MEGILAH 6 - Dedicated in memory of Irene Edelstein, by Josh R. Danziger of Cliffside Park, New Jersey.
1. Teveryah (Tiberius) was also called "Rekes."
2. The tribe of Zevulun was dissatisfied with the portion they received in Eretz Yisrael.
3. Hashem answered Zevulun that they were overlooking the rights they had to other precious items.
4. The Gemara discusses the relationship between Bnei Yisrael and Edom.
5. The cities of Bnei Yisrael and Edom can never have the same status at any given time.
A BIT MORE
1. This is because even the "empty" people (the root of the word "Rekes" is "Reik," "empty") who live there are full of Mitzvos just as a pomegranate is full of seeds.
2. They preferred fields and lands similar to those that the tribe of Naftali received, rather than the hills and oceans that they received.
3. These were: The Chilazon (used to make Techeles), tuna, and the sand used to make precious white glass (crystal).
4. The Gemara says that in the future, the Jews will turn the theaters and circuses of Edom into houses of Torah study.
5. The verse states, "Imalei ha'Chareivah," which the Gemara explains to mean that if one city is full (Mele'ah), the other is destroyed (Chareivah), and if the other is full then the other is destroyed. They are never either both settled or both destroyed.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Megilah