|(Permission is granted to redistribute this
material as long as the Kollel
header and the subscription info at the end are included.)
to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Har Nof
Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
Email - email@example.com
Sotah Chart #1
REBBI SHIMON (2)
|"l'Gufei" -she drinks before her Minchah is offered||If she drinks before the Minchah is offered, it is valid||She is forced to drink (3) once the Megilah is erased|
|2)||"V'ACHAR YASHKEH" (Bamidbar 5:26)||No impression may remain after the
writing is erased (4)
|1. "l'Gufei"- she drinks only after
Minchah is offered;
2. That no impression may remain
|No impression may remain after the
writing is erased
|We force her to drink once the Megilah is erased||We force her to drink (5) once the Megilah is erased||"l'Gufei" - she drinks only after her Minchah is offered|
(1) According to Tosfos (DH b'Ferush Rach), this is also the view of Rebbi Akiva.
(2) This is also the view of Rebbi Akiva, according to the tradition received by the second Tana who cites Rebbi Akiva (at the end of the Daf).
(3) This applies even if the Megilas Sotah was erased before the Minchah was offered, when it was not yet supposed to be erased. Although it was erased prematurely, she is still forced to drink.
(4) According to Tosfos (19a, DH v'Achar), the Rabanan learn from this verse that b'Di'eved if she drank after the Minchah was offered, it is valid. See Insights.
(5) According to Rebbi Shimon, she is not forced to drink unless the Megilah was erased properly, i.e. after the Minchah was offered.
to the Daf
to the Daf
Questions and Answers