|(Permission is granted to redistribute this material as long as the Kollel
header and the subscription info at the end are included.)
CHARTS FOR LEARNING THE DAILY DAF
brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Har Nof
Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanhedrin Chart #8
Sanhedrin Daf 54b
THE SOURCES FOR THE WARNINGS (AZHAROS)
FOR A MAN WHO IS "SHOCHEV" OR "NISHKAV" WITH ANOTHER MAN, AND FOR A PERSON WHO IS "SHOCHEV" OR "NISHKAV" WITH AN ANIMAL
THE AZHARAH, ACCORDING TO REBBI AKIVA
THE AZHARAH, ACCORDING TO REBBI YISHMAEL
|| Lo Sishkav
|| Asher Yishkav Es Zachar
||Lo Yiheyeh Kadesh
|Asher Yishkav Es Zachar(4)
||Lo Siten Shechavtecha
|Lo Siten Shechavtecha
|| Asher Yiten Shechavto bi'Vhemah
||Lo Siten Shechavtecha(2)
||R. Avahu: Lo Yiheyeh Kadesh
Abaye: a Hekesh to Shochev(3)
|Kol Shochev Im Behemah(6)
(1) This is derived from vowelizing the word "Sishkav" differently and
reading it, "Lo Sishachev."
(2) This is derived from vowelizing the word "Shechavtecha" differently and
reading it, "Shechivascha."
(3) The verse links Nishkav to Shochev by referring to Nishkav as "Shochev"
in Shemos 22:18.
(4) This refers to the Nishkav as well, because it says "Mos Yumsu," in the
(5) We refer here to a *man* who was Nishkav with an animal (RASHI). The
verses cited here are not needed to teach the Azharah and Onesh of a woman
who was Nishkav with an animal, because there are other verses which state
explicitly, "And you shall put to death the woman and the animal" (Vayikra
20:16), teaching the Onesh for a woman who is Nishkav with an animal, and,
"A woman shall not stand before an animal to mate with it" (Vayikra 18:23),
teaching the Azharah.
(6) The Gemara teaches that since this verse is not necessary to teach the
Azharah or Onesh for Shochev (which is learned from other verses), it must
be referring to Nishkav ("Im Eino Inyan...").
For questions or sponsorship information, write to email@example.com