|(Permission is granted to redistribute this material as long as the Kollel
header and the subscription info at the end are included.)
CHARTS FOR LEARNING THE DAILY DAF
brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Har Nof
Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
Email - email@example.com
Nidah Chart #2
Nidah Daf 17b
BLOOD FOUND IN THE "PROZDOR"
BLOOD FOUND ON ROOF, FROM LUL AND INWARDS(1)
BLOOD FOUND ON ROOF, FROM LUL AND OUTWARDS(2)
BLOOD FOUND ON FLOOR(3)
||RAMI BAR SHMUEL,
RAV YITZCHAK BREI D'RAV YEHUDAH
(1) Blood gets here more easily from the *Aliyah* than from the Mekor
(TOSFOS DH Min ha'Lul). Nevertheless, we consider the blood found here to be
Tamei because "Chezkaso Min ha'Mekor" (Mishnah) -- that is, there is more
blood in the Mekor than in the Aliyah, and we therefore apply the principle
of "Rov" (18a, Rashi DH Ha d'Amrinan).
(2) Blood gets here *much* more easily from the *Aliyah* than from the
(3) Blood gets here more easily from the *Mekor* than from the Aliyah.
(4) Although Rav Huna does not discuss this case explicitly, it can be
inferred that this blood is certainly Tamei from the fact that the blood
found on the roof, on the inner side of the Lul (2-A in Chart) is Tamei.
(See TOSFOS 18a, DH Kan.)
(5) This is according to RASHI (18a, DH u'Meshaninan). However, TOSFOS (18a,
DH Kan) disagrees and asserts that even Abaye would consider such blood to
For questions or sponsorship information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org