brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|BEITZAH 2 (25 Elul 5781)- Dedicated in memory of Yechiel Avraham Avigdor ben Eliyahu Glaser z'l, by his brother Yisrael and family. May Avigdor's young children merit to grow in Torah and Yiras Shamayim, and become sources of pride and Nachas to their father in Gan Eden.|
1. Beis Hillel is stringent and Beis Shamai is lenient with regard to an egg laid on Yom Tov (that occurs after Shabbos).
2. The Mishnah lists two other disputes regarding Yom Tov in which Beis Shamai is lenient and Beis Hillel is stringent.
3. Rav Nachman explains the dispute between Beis Hillel and Beis Shamai regarding the egg.
4. Rav Nachman: There are circumstances in which Beis Hillel agrees with Beis Shamai regarding Muktzah.
5. The Gemara explains why Rebbi also maintained that we are stringent regarding Muktzah on Yom Tov, but not on Shabbos.
A BIT MORE
1. Beis Hillel says it may not be eaten. An egg laid on Yom Tov immediately following Shabbos is considered to have been prepared on Shabbos for Yom Tov, and it is forbidden to eat something that was prepared on Shabbos for Yom Tov. Beis Shamai permits eating such an item.
2. They argue about the minimum amount of Chametz that requires burning before Pesach, and about the law of Kisuy ha'Dam (covering the blood) of a fowl slaughtered on Yom Tov.
3. Beis Shamai follows the view of Rebbi who limits the extent of the prohibitions of Muktzah on Shabbos. Similarly, they do not hold of the prohibition of Nolad. Beis Hillel follows the view of Rebbi Yehudah who propounds the prohibitions of Muktzah and similarly holds of Nolad.
4. On Shabbos, Beis Hillel and Beis Shamai agree with Rebbi Shimon who does not hold of many of the prohibitions of Muktzah. However, Beis Hillel is stringent regarding Muktzah on Yom Tov.
5. This is because people recognize the severity of Shabbos desecration and treat it stringently already, and they will not make light of the many prohibitions of Shabbos just because of some leniencies regarding Muktzah. However, people are not so careful regarding Yom Tov, and therefore we should not apply more leniencies to Yom Tov since this will cause people to be lenient in other prohibitions on Yom Tov as well.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Beitzah