brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
YOMA 28 (3 Teves) - Today's Dafyomi material has been dedicated in memory of Hagaon Rav Yisroel Zev Gustman ZT"L (author of "Kuntresei Shiurim") and his wife, Rebbetzin Sarah Gustman (daughter of Hagaon Rav Meir Bassin, Dayan in Vilna) in honor of Rebbetzin Gustman's Yahrzeit. Sponsored by a number of Rav Gustman's Talmidim (Harav Naftali Weinberg, Harav Avraham Feldman, Michael Starr and Rav Mordecai Kornfeld).
1. The appointed Kohen would call for someone to climb up and scout for daybreak before offering the Korban Tamid.
2. Masya ben Shmuel says that they would make sure a large part of the east, until Chevron, was illuminated by sunlight.
3. The Gemara discusses at length how our forefathers always had permanent Torah study houses.
4. Eliezer, the servant of Avraham, also learned Torah in a study house.
5. Rav: Avraham Avinu observed the entire Torah.
A BIT MORE
1. This is because the Korban Tamid is invalid if offered before daybreak.
2. This is because they once mistook the small light of the moon for the light of the sun and slaughtered the Korban Tamid too early, rendering it invalid.
3. The Gemara quotes verses indicating that this was true of Avraham, Yitzchak, Yakov, and Bnei Yisrael after they received the Torah in the desert.
4. He taught others the Torah teachings of Avraham Avinu.
5. Rava, and some say Rav Ashi: He observed even the future enactments of the Rabanan, such as Eruv Tavshilin.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Yoma