brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|12TH CYCLE DEDICATIONS|
YOMA 17 (28 Sivan) - dedicated to the memory of Hagaon Rav Yisroel Zev (ben Rav Avrohom Tzvi) Gustman, ZT'L, Rosh Yeshiva of "Yeshivas Netzach Yisrael-Ramailes" (in Vilna, Brooklyn, and then Yerushalayim), author of "Kuntresei Shi'urim," and renowned Dayan in pre-war and post-war Vilna, on his 15th Yahrzeit. Dedicated by Harav Eliezer Stern and Harav Zalman Stern of Brooklyn NY, and Reb Yechiel Wachtel and Reb Michoel Starr of Yerushalayim, who merited to study under Rav Gustman ZT'L
1. Rav Ada bar Ahavah: The Lishkas ha'Tela'im was longer than an ordinary chamber.
2. Whenever a person walks and has the option to go left or right, he should go right.
3. The Gemara discusses the Kohen Gadol's entitlement to take the portion of his choice from any Korban that is consumed.
4. There is a dispute about how many loaves of the Lechem ha'Panim the Kohen Gadol may (or should) take.
5. The Gemara explains the source for Rebbi's opinion that the Kohen Gadol must take five loaves of the Lechem ha'Panim.
A BIT MORE
1. It was situated in the west, but it stretched to the north and to the south, with more of it in the south than in the west.
2. This would be to the east when entering the Beis ha'Mikdash.
3. He may take one of the Shtei ha'Lechem on Shavuos, and four or five of the loaves of the Lechem ha'Panim.
4. The Tana Kama understands that he has the option to take four or five loaves. However, Rebbi says that he should take five loaves on a regular basis.
5. The verse states, "And they will be for Aharon and his children." This implies that the twelve loaves should be divided evenly between Aharon and his children, with Aharon (the Kohen Gadol) receiving half and his children receiving the remaining half. (Although there are a total of twelve loaves, only ten are divided between the Kohen Gadol and the other Kohanim. Two loaves are not included in the division, as the Gemara later explains.)
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Yoma