brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|NIDAH 69 (3 Teves) - Today's Dafyomi material has been dedicated in memory of Hagaon Rav Yisroel Zev Gustman Ztz"L (author of "Kuntresei Shiurim") and his wife, Rebbetzin Sarah Gustman (daughter of Hagaon Rav Meir Bassin, a Dayan in Vilna) in honor of the Yahrzeit of the Rebbetzin. Sponsored by a Talmid of Rav Gustman (M. Kornfeld).|
1. There is a dispute about whether checking on the first day and eighth day is valid according to Rebbi Eliezer (see Daf 68, #5).
2. Rava related an interesting story in order to express a point regarding checking at the beginning and end of the Nidah days.
3. The Gemara discusses the Nidah status of women who die.
4. The Gemara says that the people of Alexandria asked Rebbi Yehoshua ben Chananya twelve questions.
5. The Gemara discusses all of the questions posed by the people of Alexandria.
A BIT MORE
1. Rav: This is valid. Rebbi Chanina: Only checking on the first and seventh is valid, but not on the first and eighth.
2. The law in a certain town was that anyone who owned an ox had to watch all of the oxen in the town for one day. Anyone who did not own an ox had to watch them for two days. An orphan who did not have any oxen, and was forced to watch the town's oxen for two days, slaughtered all of the town's oxen and remarked that he should get two portions of the meat for every portion given to the owners of the oxen.
3. Beis Shamai: All women are considered to die as Nidos. Therefore, anything they are wearing at the time of death must be immersed to become Tahor. Beis Hillel: A woman is considered to have died as a Nidah only if we know she was a Nidah when she died.
4. They included three questions regarding Halachah, three regarding Agadah, three silly questions, and three questions regarding advice for life.
5. One of their Halachic questions involved a man who transgressed the prohibition against remarrying his ex-wife after she had married another man after their first divorce. If they now have a daughter, is she permitted to marry a Kohen?
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Nidah