brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|PESACHIM 53 (29 Teves) - Dedicated in memory of Jeri Turkel, who passed away on 29 Teves 5776, by her husband Eli Turkel in honor of her Yahrzeit. The memory of Jeri's vibrant energy, her fervent prayers and her thirst for learning are cherished by all who knew her.|
1. One brings Bikurim only from the seven species of produce that grow well and thrive in Eretz Yisrael.
2. The Mishnah discusses various customs that are practiced only in certain places.
3. When one buys meat for Pesach, he may not say, "This meat is for Pesach."
4. The Chachamim were upset with Tudus Ish Romi, who instituted the eating of a roasted goat on the night of Pesach.
5. Chananyah, Misha'el, and Azaryah learned an important lesson from the frogs in Egypt.
A BIT MORE
1. One does not bring dates from the palm trees that are in the mountains or fruit from the valley, as those fruits are not high quality.
2. For example, some places have a custom not to eat roasted meat on the night of Pesach, as it looks like they are eating the Korban Pesach outside the designated area.
3. This is because it appears as though he is dedicating the meat for the Korban Pesach. (This concern applies even though he is referring to a piece of meat and not to an animal.)
4. Even though he did so in order to help people remember the Korban Pesach, the Chachamim maintained that it looked too much like eating and dedicating Kodshim in an undesignated area.
5. They said: If the frogs, which are not commanded to fulfill the Mitzvah of Kidush Hashem, jumped into the ovens and gave up their lives, then certainly we should jump into a fire and give up our lives for Hashem. (Chananyah, Misha'el, and Azaryah did so and were miraculously saved.)
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Pesachim