brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|PESACHIM 42 (18 Teves) - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the Yahrzeit of her father, Rav Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rabbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away on 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study -- which was so important to him -- during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.|
1. Rebbi Yehudah: One may not dedicate an unblemished animal to the general Hekdesh of the Beis ha'Mikdash.
2. "Mayim she'Lanu" means water that was drawn and then kept overnight.
3. Rava taught how a person should knead the dough for the Matzah.
4. There is a dispute about what to do with dough that was kneaded with hot water.
5. Three things decrease excrement, straighten posture, and sharpen eyesight.
A BIT MORE
1. Moreover, if he does so, he transgresses both a positive and a negative commandment.
2. Rav Masnah went to Papunya and taught the people that they must use "Mayim she'Lanu" when baking their Matzah. The next day they all came to him with their pails and asked for his water. They thought that he meant "Mayim Shelanu" -- "our water," meaning his special water.
3. He should not do so in the sun, for the sun heats the dough and causes it to become Chametz. Similarly, he should not use water that was resting in the sun, and certainly not water that was heated up by fire. (Rather, he must use cool water.)
4. Mar Zutra: B'Di'eved, such dough is permitted to be used. Rav Ashi: It is forbidden.
5. These three things are: bread from sifted flour, fatty meat, and old wine.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Pesachim