brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|12TH CYCLE DEDICATIONS:|
PESACHIM 115 (14 Iyar) - this Daf has been dedicated by Harav Yosef Pearlman of London, England, l'Iluy Nishmas his father, ha'Rabbani Reb Rephael David ben Yosef Yitzchak Pearlman, who passed away on Pesach Sheni 5758.
1. There is a dispute about whether one should eat a "sandwich of Hillel."
2. The Gemara concludes with a compromise in practice with regard to this dispute (#1).
3. Whenever one dips a food item in liquid, he must wash his hands before he eats it.
4. One should not leave the Maror in the Charoses for a long time.
5. If one swallows Matzah without chewing it, he fulfills the Mitzvah.
A BIT MORE
1. Hillel used to eat a sandwich made of Matzah and Maror, to commemorate that when the Beis ha'Mikdash was standing the Korban Pesach would be eaten together with Matzah and Maror. The Rabanan argued that one should not do so, since he will not fulfill the Mitzvah of Matzah or Maror by eating them together.
2. We eat Matzah and Maror separately, and then eat a sandwich of them together to remember what was done in the Beis ha'Mikdash.
3. We indeed wash our hands before eating anything that we dip on Seder night (Karpas and Maror).
4. This is so that the Maror should not develop a sweet taste.
5. However, if he swallows Maror without chewing it, he does not fulfill the Mitzvah, since he needs to taste the Maror.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Pesachim