brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|PESACHIM 113 (7 Cheshvan) - Dedicated in honor of the Yahrzeit of ha'Gaon Rav Meir Shapiro (n. 5694/1933), founder of the renowned Yeshivas Chachmei Lublin, representative of the Jewish community in the Polish parliament, and creator of the DAFYOMI STUDY CYCLE (see www.dafyomi.co.il/dafyomi.htm for more) - may he entreat before Hash-m's holy throne for the complete redemption of Klal Yisrael, speedily in our days!. Dedicated by Mr. and Mrs. Shmuel Kovacs of Ramat Beit Shemesh, Israel; may the great Gaon be a Melitz Yosher for the Kovacs children, including their newborn baby, to grow up with love of Torah and Yir'as Shamayim and succeed in all that they do.|
1. Rav advised Rav Asi not to marry two women.
2. One should not mistreat a young Nochri, a young snake, or a young student.
3. Rebbi Yochanan: It is better to be in the back of the army than in the front.
4. Rebbi Yehoshua ben Levi told men to be careful that their wives do not get too close with their first son-in-law.
5. Rebbi Yochanan: Three types of people inherit Olam ha'Ba.
A BIT MORE
1. This is because they might plot against their husband. If one must marry two wives, he should marry a third, as the third will tell him if the other two are plotting against him.
2. When they get older and stronger or more powerful, they will try to exact revenge for any mistreatment.
3. If one needs to flee, he will be the first to reach friendly territory.
4. Some say that this means that a husband should make sure that his wife does not commit adultery with her first son-in-law, and some say that it means that he should make sure that she does not spend all of their money on their first son-in-law.
5. They are: Those who live in Eretz Yisrael, those who raise their children to learn Torah, and those who ensure that they recite Havdalah on wine on Motza'i Shabbos (and do not use it up when reciting Kidush on Shabbos).
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Pesachim