brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|PESACHIM 70 (17 Shevat) - Dedicated by Mrs. Idelle Rudman in memory of Harav Reuven Moshe Rudman ben Harav Yosef Tuvia Rudman, who passed away 17 Shevat 5766, in honor of his Yahrzeit.|
1. Ben Teima disagrees with the Mishnah regarding the Korban Chagigah that is brought with the Korban Pesach.
2. Ben Durtai thought that the offering of the Korban Chagigah overrides Shabbos.
3. An animal designated to be a Korban Pesach that was not offered on Erev Pesach may be offered during the rest of the year as a Korban Shelamim.
4. A Korban Chagigah is not offered on Shabbos.
5. Rebbi Elazar: One does not fulfill the Mitzvah of offering Shalmei Simchah on Yom Tov, or the Mitzvah of offering the Korban Chagigah, by offering a Korban Shelamim before Pesach.
A BIT MORE
1. Ben Teima says that just as the Korban Pesach is eaten for only one night, the Chagigah is eaten for only one night. However, everyone agrees that the other Korbenos Chagigah brought during Yom Tov and Chol ha'Mo'ed are eaten for two days and one night.
2. The Chachamim argued that the verse from which he derives this law actually refers to something else (the lesson taught in #3).
3. This is derived from the verse, "And you will offer the Korban Pesach to Hashem, your G-d, sheep and cattle." Since we know that a cow may not be used for the Korban Pesach, it must be that the verse is teaching that if the Korban Pesach is offered during the rest of the year, it may be offered as a type of Korban similar to the Korban Pesach and a type that may be offered from a cow -- i.e. a Korban Shelamim.
4. This is derived from the verse, "And you will celebrate it seven days out of the year." Since Sukos is eight days and the verse says that the celebration is for seven days, the implication is that the Korban Chagigah is not offered on Shabbos.
5. Even if one eats the meat on Yom Tov, he does not fulfill the obligation of Simchah through eating the meat of an ordinary Shelamim that was offered before Yom Tov. He certainly does not fulfill his obligation of offering a Chagigah on Yom Tov in this way.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Pesachim