brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|ERCHIN 15 (28 Sivan) - dedicated to the memory of Hagaon Rav Yisroel Zev (ben Rav Avrohom Tzvi) Gustman, ZT'L, Rosh Yeshiva of Yeshivas Netzach Yisrael-Ramailes (in Vilna, Brooklyn, and then Yerushalayim), author of Kuntresei Shi'urim, and renowned Dayan in pre-war and post-war Vilna, in honor of his Yahrzeit (28 Sivan). Dedicated by Talmidim who merited to study under him in Yerushalayim: Harav Eliezer Stern of Brooklyn NY, Rav Avraham Feldman, Rav Mordecai Kornfeld, Yechiel Wachtel, Michoel Starr and Dr. Yehoshua Daniel of Yerushalayim|
1. A person who falsely accuses his new bride of having been promiscuous while engaged (i.e. after Erusin) must pay the fixed amount of 100 Sela, regardless of whether the girl was the daughter of an important family or a lowly family.
2. Rebbi Elazar ben Parta: We see how severe is the sin of Lashon ha'Ra from the story of the Meraglim (spies).
3. Rebbi Yehudah: Bnei Yisrael tested Hashem ten times.
4. The Gemara continues with many teachings about the severity of Lashon ha'Ra.
5. How does one atone for the sin of Lashon ha'Ra?
A BIT MORE
1. The Mishnah points out that the Torah requires that one who ruins the reputation to his new wife must pay twice as much (100 Sela) as one who raped or seduced a girl (50 Sela). This shows the severity of Lashon ha'Ra.
2. The spies were punished severely for speaking badly about merely the trees and stones of Eretz Yisrael. All the more so, then, will one who speaks badly about a fellow Jew be punished severely.
3. The Beraisa discusses at length these ten times. They are: Twice at the Yam Suf, twice regarding water, twice regarding the Man, twice regarding the Slav, once at the Golden Calf, and once in Midbar Paran.
4. Lashon ha'Ra is akin to denying the existence of Hashem, and to the three severe sins for which one must give up his life, and it causes one's sins to be "piled up" to the heavens.
5. If he is a learned person, he should learn Torah. If he is unlearned, he should become humble.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Erchin