brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. Rebbi Elazar ben Shamua says that many cities were captured by Yisrael when they entered Eretz Yisrael at the time of Yehoshua, but not when they entered at the time of Ezra.
2. According to Rebbi Elazar ben Shamua, the first sanctification of Eretz Yisrael was temporary, while the second sanctification was permanent.
3. Individual vegetables that are usually bound together are not obligated in Ma'aser until they are bound together.
4. A Chaver may not separate Ma'aser if the produce and Ma'aser are in different places.
5. One who buys seeds from an Am ha'Aretz for planting for animal feed, or flour for hides, or oil for a candle or for rubbing on utensils, is exempt from Demai.
6. Tzadikim are greater in death than in life.
7. A person does not stub his finger or toe in this world unless it is decreed from Above.
A BIT MORE
1. The Olei Bavel deliberately did not sanctify parts of Eretz Yisrael so that it would be permitted to work the land on Shevi'is, and the poor would have Leket, Shichechah, and Pe'ah during the year of Shevi'is.
2. The sanctification of Eretz Yisrael by the Olei Mitzrayim was temporary, while the sanctification of Eretz Yisrael by the Olei Bavel was permanent.
3. One may eat the vegetables in a transient manner ("Achilas Arai") before they are bound without separating Ma'aser.
4. There is a concern that at the time of the designation of the Ma'aser, the produce or Ma'aser is no longer in existence.
5. However, it one purchased the produce for eating and afterwards decided to use it for one of these purposes, it is Chayav in Demai.
6. This is learned from Elisha, who, after his death, was able to revive the dead with ease, while during his lifetime he revived the dead only with great effort and with Tefilah.
7. When one stubs his big toe twice within a short time, it atones like a Korban Olah.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Chulin