brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|CHULIN 29 (18 Teves) - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Fawer to honor the Yahrzeit of her father, Rav Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rabbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away on 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study -- which was so important to him -- during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.|
1. If half of a bird's trachea was severed and the Shochet cut it more, even if he cut it only slightly the Shechitah is valid.
2. If half of the Siman of a bird is cut, or one and a half Simanim of an animal or bird are cut, the Shechitah is not valid.
3. If half of the people of Yisrael are Tamei on the fourteenth of Nisan, according to Rav half is akin to a majority. According to Rav Kahana, half is not like a majority.
4. If the majority of the Siman of a bird, or of two Simanim of an animal, is cut, the Shechitah is valid.
5. Rav Papa maintains that everyone agrees that the jugular vein of an animal or bird of Kodshim must be cut in order for the Shechitah to be valid.
6. Two people may not jointly slaughter a Korban, and one person may not slaughter two Korbanos at once.
7. The Kohen Gadol cuts the majority of the Simanim of the Korban Tamid on Yom Kippur, and the remainder of the Simanim are cut by another Kohen.
8. If a Nochri cuts one Siman of an animal and a Yisrael cuts the second Siman, the Shechitah is Pasul.
9. If Melikah is done to one Siman of an Olas ha'Of on the lower part of the Mizbe'ach, it is Pasul.
10. If a person cuts one Siman of an Olas ha'Of outside the Azarah, there is a disagreement about whether he is Chayav Kares.
11. If a person cuts a minority of the Simanim of a Korban outside the Azarah and the majority of the Simanim inside the Azarah, there is a disagreement about whether he is Chayav Kares.
12. The clothing of anyone involved in one of the Avodos of the Parah Adumah becomes Tamei, whether he was involved in the beginning, middle, or the end of the Avodah.
13. If a Pesul occurs with the Shechitah of the Parah Adumah the clothing of those who were involved in the Avodos do not become Tamei.
14. If a Pesul occurs with the Haza'ah of the Parah Adumah, the clothing of those who were involved in the Avodos prior to the Pesul becomes Tamei.
A BIT MORE
1. The bird is a Tereifah only if a majority of the trachea was severed prior to Shechitah.
2. Everyone agrees that half is not the same as a majority.
3. According to Rav, the Tehorim bring the Korban Pesach b'Taharah, while the Teme'im bring the Korban Pesach b'Tum'ah. According to Rav Kahana, the Teme'im bring the Korban Pesach on Pesach Sheni.
4. Cutting the majority of the Siman suffices for both Chulin and Kodshim.
5. Although, according to the Rabanan, it is not necessary to cut the jugular vein of birds of Chulin at the time of Shechitah, they agree that for Kodshim, the jugular vein must be cut in order that there be as much blood as possible available for the Zerikas ha'Dam.
6. However, b'Di'eved it is a valid Shechitah.
7. Since the Avodos of Yom Kippur must be done only by the Kohen Gadol, he must quickly grab the Mizrak to receive the blood of the Korban Tamid. Therefore, he does not have time to finish cutting the Simanim; it suffices for him to cut the majority of the Simanim.
8. The cutting of one Siman by a Nochri renders the animal a Tereifah.
9. The Melikah of an Olas ha'Of is done on the upper part of the Mizbe'ach. The Melikah of a Chatas ha'Of is done on the lower part of the Mizbe'ach. When the Melikah of one Siman of an Olas ha'Of is done on the lower part of the Mizbe'ach, it is Pasul because it was treated like a Chatas ha'Of.
10. Rava maintains that he is Chayav Kares according to the opinion that it is considered Shechitah from the beginning until the end. According to Rav Yosef, everyone agrees that he is Chayav Kares, because the Melikah of one Siman of an Olas ha'Of suffices.
11. According to the opinion that it is considered Shechitah from the beginning until the end, he is Chayav Kares. According to the opinion that it is considered Shechitah only at the end, he is Patur from Kares.
12. If he performs another Melachah at the same time, the Parah Adumah is Pasul.
13. Since a Pesul occurred with the slaughter, even according to the opinion that it is considered Shechitah from the beginning until the end, it becomes evident that it is not a Shechitah at all and it is not Metamei.
14. Since the Shechitah was done b'Hechsher, it is Metamei the clothing of those who were involved in the Avodos prior to the Pesul.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Chulin