brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. If a person takes money of Ma'aser Sheni and says, "This shall be for a Shelamim," Rebbi Yehudah rules that since Ma'aser Sheni has no sanctity, the money acquires the sanctity of a Shelamim.
2. There is a disagreement about whether the money acquires the Kedushah of Ma'aser Sheni. Rebbi Meir maintains that Ma'aser Sheni has sanctity.
3. If one buys a Chayah for a Shelamim with money of Ma'aser Sheni, or he buys a Behemah for a purpose other than for bringing it as a Korban, the hide does not become Chulin.
4. A obligatory Korban (Chovah) may be brought only from Chulin, not from Ma'aser Sheni.
5. Nesachim may never be brought from Ma'aser Sheni.
6. The law that all Korbanos must be slaughtered with a Kli is learned from the law of an Olah .
A BIT MORE
1. If the money is redeemed onto smaller coins, such as Perutos or Dinarim, one must add an additional two-fifths: one fifth for the redemption of the Kedushah of the Shelamim, and another fifth for the redemption of the Kedushah of the Ma'aser Sheni.
2. According to one opinion, the Kedushah of a Shelamim is not strong enough to take effect on the Kedushah of Ma'aser, and he retains the option of using the money for items other than a Shelamim. According to another opinion, since an animal purchased with the money of Ma'aser is brought as a Shelamim when he says, "This shall be for a Shelamim," it has the sanctity of a Shelamim.
3. Since one may not buy a Chayah for a Shelamim with money of Ma'aser Sheni or a Behemah for a purpose other than bringing it as a Korban, it is tantamount to buying an ox for plowing. The animal does not acquire the Kedushah of Ma'aser.
4. If one vows to bring a Shelamim or a Todah without specifying that he will bring it with money of Ma'aser Sheni, the Korban is a Chovah and he must purchase the Korban with money of Chulin.
5. Since Nesachim are poured on the Mizbe'ach and are not eaten at all, they may not be purchased with money of Ma'aser Sheni. Only edible items may be purchased with money of Ma'aser Sheni.
6. The law that all Kodshei Kodashim may be eaten only by male Kohanim is learned from the law of a Minchah.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Menachos