brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. All Menachos must be brought as Matzah. If a Minchah is brought as Chametz, it is Pasul.
2. If one eats on Pesach sourdough which has paled but has not yet developed cracks, he is Chayav Malkus according to Rebbi Meir, and it is considered Chametz with regard to Matzah.
3. All Menachos are kneaded with warm water. It is a Mitzvah to guard them from becoming Chametz.
4. When the Beis ha'Mikdash was destroyed, Hashem found Avraham Avinu standing in the Beis ha'Mikdash. Hashem told Avraham that there was no hope that Bnei Yisrael would repent. Avraham put his hands on his head and screamed and cried.
5. Hashem said to Avraham, "I heard your voice and I had mercy on them. I originally decreed that they would be subjugated by each of the four kingdoms for the amount of time that they will now be subjugated by all of them together."
6. Rebbi Yehoshua ben Levi says that Bnei Yisrael are compared to an olive tree because just as the leaves of an olive tree fall off the tree neither in the summer nor in the winter, Bnei Yisrael are idle neither in this world nor in the next.
A BIT MORE
1. However, the Shtei ha'Lechem of Shavuos and the Lachmei Todah are exceptions. They are brought as Chametz.
2. According to Rebbi Yehudah, when the dough develops cracks that resemble the antennae of a locust, it is called Si'ur (the beginning of the leavening process), but one is not Chayav for eating it on Pesach. When the cracks run into each other, it is considered Chametz.
3. One guards the Minchah from becoming Chametz by keeping the dough occupied so that the dough does not rise.
4. Avraham Avinu said that perhaps, Chas v'Shalom, there is no hope for them. Hashem said that Bnei Yisrael are compared to an olive tree. Just as an olive tree produces fruit at the end, the time for Bnei Yisrael will come only at the end.
5. According to another version, Hashem said, "I originally decreed that they would be subjugated by each of the four kingdoms at different times, but now the subjugation at the hands of the four kingdoms will be concurrent."
6. Rebbi Yochanan says that Bnei Yisrael are compared to an olive tree because just as an olive does not produce oil until it is cut, Bnei Yisrael do not repent without afflictions.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Menachos