brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|ERUVIN 75 - Dedicated by Andy & Nancy Neff in memory of Leah Miriam bat Yisroel -- Lucy Rabin, beloved wife of Sidney Rabin and mother of Nancy Neff and Valerie, Doug and Andy Rabin, who passed away on 14 Sivan 5767.|
1. The houses required to permit carrying in a Mavoy must belong to Jews.
2. The Mishnah discusses an inner Chatzer and an outer Chatzer, and their relationship regarding Eruvin.
3. If the residents of the outer Chatzer made an Eruv and the residents of the inner yard did not, the outer yard's Eruv is also invalid.
4. Rebbi Akiva even forbids the outer Chatzer's Eruv if the Eruv was not made together with the residents of the inner Chatzer.
5. The same rules that apply to the inner and outer Chatzeros apply when one of the residents forgets to join the Eruv.
A BIT MORE
1. Even though we are lenient with the laws of Eruvin, Rav still insists that the houses belong to Jews.
2. If the residents of the inner Chatzer made an Eruv and the residents of the outer one did not, the residents of the inner Chatzer may carry freely inside their Chatzer, while the residents of the outer Chatzer may not carry in their Chatzer.
3. This is because it is forbidden for the people of the inner Chatzer to carry in their Chatzer, and they constantly pass through the outer Chatzer. This means that there are people in the outer Chatzer who are forbidden from carrying, subsequently disqualifying the Eruv.
4. In other words, even if they both made separate Eruvin, Rebbi Akiva disqualifies the outer yard's Eruv as the residents of the inner yard who have no special leniency to carry in the outer yard constantly pass through there. The Chachamim are lenient regarding the outer yard and say that their Eruv is valid.
5. If both Chatzeros made separate Eruvin, and one of the residents of the outer Chatzer did not contribute, the outer Eruv is invalid while the inner Eruv is valid. However, if one of the residents of the inner Chatzer did not contribute to the inner Eruv, both Eruvin are invalid.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Eruvin