brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. The goat of Musafim or of Rosh Chodesh is lost and a different goat was used in its place. If the original goat is found, it may be used for the Musafim of Yom Tov or of Yom Kipur, and vice versa.
2. There is a disagreement if the Temidim which are left over at Rosh Chodesh Nisan may be redeemed without a Mum.
3. Rebbi Shimon maintains that the Temidim which are left over at Rosh Chodesh Nisan are used as Olos Kayitz ha'Mizbe'ach.
4. If a goat of the Musafim was lost and it was found after Rosh Chodesh Nisan, the goat may not be brought for Olos Kayitz Mizbe'ach. Only the proceeds of its sale are used for that purpose.
5. The ox or goat of Yom Kipur, or the goat of Avodah Zarah, was lost and other animals were used in their place. The original animals are allowed to die, according to Rebbi Yehudah, but Rebbi Elazar and Rebbi Shimon disagree.
6. The goat that is designated to be sent off the cliff on Yom Kipur dies, and new lots are drawn for two new goats. The extra goat for Hashem is sold and the proceeds are used for Olos Kayitz Mizbe'ach.
7. If the owner of an Asham died, or if he used a different animal for his Korban, there is a disagreement regarding what shall be done with the remaining Asham.
8. Rav Nachman Bar Chisda maintains that birds are not brought for Olos Kayitz ha'Mizbe'ach.
9. Rebbi Shimon maintains that if a goat that was designated for the Musaf of a Regel and it was not brought on the Regel, it may be brought on Rosh Chodesh. If it is not brought then, it may be brought on Yom Kipur. If it is not brought then, it may be brought on a different Regel.
10. The goat which is sent off the cliff on Yom Kipur atones for all transgressions.
11. A person who is obligated to bring an Asham Taluy is exempt from bringing the Korban if Yom Kipur passed in the interim.
12. A person who transgressed a Mitzvos Aseh is forgiven immediately if he repents.
A BIT MORE
1. According to Rebbi Meir the goats of all of the Musafim atone for the same transgressions of Tum'as Kodesh and Mikdash. According to Rebbi Shimon all of the goats of the Musafim atone for transgressions of Tum'ah even though they do not all atone for the same transgression. According to the Rabanan the Lev Beis Din rules that the Kedushas ha'Guf of a Korban Tzibur is conditional and consequently the goat was sanctified on condition that it may be brought for a different Musaf if it is lost.
2. The Rabanan maintain that it may be redeemed without a Mum because the Lev Beis Din rules that the Kedushas ha'Guf of a Korban is conditional. If it is not needed it is only a Kedushas Damim which may be redeemed with a Mum. Rebbi Shimon disagrees with the opinion of the Lev Beis Din.
3. The Olos Kayitz ha'Mizbe'ach are brought when no Korbanos are on the Mizbe'ach so that the Mizbe'ach will not be idle.
4. Only a leftover Korban Tamid may be brought as an Olos Kayitz Mizbe'ach since a Tamid is also a Korban Olah. However, the goat of a Chatas may not be brought as an Olos Kayitz Mizbe'ach because of the concern that people will get confused and they will bring it as an Olah even before a different animal was brought in its place.
5. Rebbi Elazar and Rebbi Shimon maintain that the animals shall not be allowed to die because it is a Chatas Tzibur. Instead they shall be sold after they develop a Mum and the proceeds shall be used for Olos Nedavah. The animal itself may not be brought for Olos Kayitz Mizbe'ach because of the concern that people will get confused and they will bring it as an Olah even before a different animal was brought in its place.
6. It is not possible to designate a goat to be sent off a cliff without drawing lots on two goats. Since the goat for Hashem was not lost there is an extra goat for Hashem. The extra goat is sent out to pasture until it has a Mum and then it is sold. The proceeds are used for Olos Kayitz Mizbe'ach.
7. The Chachamim maintain that it shall be sold and the proceeds shall be used for Olos Kayitz Mizbe'ach. Rebbi Eliezer maintains that it shall be allowed to die. Rebbi Yehoshua maintains that the proceeds shall be used for an Olos Yachid.
8. Rav Nachman Bar Yitzchak explains that the Olos Kayitz Mizbe'ach is a Nedavah of the Tzibur. A bird is not brought for a Korban Tzibur.
9. The goat of Rosh Chodesh atones for a Tahor who eats Kodesh that is Tamei. The goat of Regel and Rosh Chodesh atones for a person who ate Kodesh or entered the Mikdash in a state of Tum'ah. Since the common denominator is that they atone for sins of Tum'ah, an animal that was designated for one of them may be used for the others.
10. It atones for minor and severe transgressions whether they were committed b'Shogeg or b'Meizid.
11. He is exempt from bringing an Asham Taluy whether he was aware prior to Yom Kipur that he committed a Safek transgression, or not. However, if a person committed a transgression b'Shogeg which obligates him to bring a Korban Chatas he must bring the Korban even if Yom Kipur passed in the interim.
12. However if he fails to repent, according to the Rabanan, even Yom Kipur will not atone for his sin.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Shevuos