brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. Mashi'ach will not arrive until Eretz Yisrael produces good fruit and people do not earn good wages.
2. Mashi'ach will not come until there are no fish available for the ill.
3. Mashi'ach stands at the entrance of Rome, among the poor and afflicted people.
4. Ula and Rabah commented that although they await Mashi'ach's coming, they do not wish to witness it.
5. The Bnei Yisrael were meant to return to Eretz Yisrael in the time of Ezra in a miraculous manner, just like the manner in which they entered Eretz Yisrael at the time of Yehoshua. However, their sins prevented it.
6. When it is time for the Bnei Yisrael to return to Eretz Yisrael, Hashem will say, "All of the nations are My handiwork, how can I expel one due to the other?"
7. The great abundance which will exist in the times of Mashi'ach will be eaten by Klal Yisrael.
A BIT MORE
1. There will be excessive misery in the world and even Talmidei Chachamim who should be living in Shalom will have no Shalom.
2. The rivers will congeal and it will not be possible to catch any fish.
3. All of the other poor and afflicted people unwind their bandages at the same time (to clean their wounds). The Mashi'ach, however, unwinds one bandage at a time, because he must be ready at all times to redeem the Jewish people.
4. They do not want to suffer from the miseries which will precede the arrival of Mashi'ach. With Torah and Gemilus Chasadim, a person will be spared from the miseries of the era of Mashi'ach. Ula and Rabah feared that they may have sinned, and that their Torah and Gemilus Chasadim would not stand in their merit.
5. If not for their sins, they would have entered Eretz Yisrael by force, and there would have been no need to receive permission from the Persian king.
6. When Klal Yisrael does Teshuvah and it is time for them to be redeemed, it will be difficult for Hashem to wipe out the nations of the world for the sake of Klal Yisrael.
7. Rebbi Hillel disagrees. He maintains that Klal Yisrael already used up their share of the abundance during the times of Chizkiyahu.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Sanhedrin