brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. A Ben Sorer u'Moreh is only Chayav if he steals from his father and he buys meat and eats it in another's residence.
2. Rebbi Yosi Bar Yehudah teaches that a Ben Sorer u'Moreh is only Chayav if he steals from both his father and mother.
3. A Ben Sorer u'Moreh is only punished if both of his parents agree to bring him to court.
4. Rebbi Yehudah says a Ben Sorer u'Moreh is only punished if his father and mother have the same physical attributes.
5. There is a disagreement as to whether there has ever been a case of a Ben Sorer u'Moreh.
6. There is a disagreement as to whether there has ever been a case of an Ir ha'Nidachas.
7. There is a disagreement if there has ever been a case of a Bayis ha'Menuga.
8. If one of his parents is physically handicapped, the son is not judged as a Ben Sorer u'Moreh.
9. A Ben Sorer u'Moreh is first warned in front of two people to desist from his acts. If he doesn't heed their warning, he is punished with Malkus by a Beis Din of three judges.
10. If a Ben Sorer u'Moreh runs away *before* the Gemar Din and he doesn't return until his Gid is encircled with pubic hair, he is Patur.
11. If a Ben Sorer u'Moreh runs away *after* the Gemar Din even if he doesn't return until his Gid is encircled he is put to death.
12. If a Ben Noach 'blesses' Hashem and than he is Misgayer he is Patur.
13. A Ben Noach who murders a fellow Ben Noach or has relation with the wife of a Ben Noach is Patur if he is Misgayer.
14. A Ben Noach who murders a Yisrael or had relations with the wife of a Yisrael is Chayav Misah even if he is Misgayer.
A BIT MORE
1. It is easier for him to steal from his father than anyone else. He is not afraid to eat the meat when he eats it in his father's home. Because of these two factors, his habit is more likely to continue.
2. Actually, everything which is acquired by his mother is owned by his father. Rebbi Yosi Bar Yehudah is referring to a case where the child steals money which was designated to purchase a meal for his father and mother. Alternatively, he is referring to a case where the child steals money that was given to his mother on condition that his father does not have any rights to it.
3. If his father wants the child to be punished but his mother does not, or vice versa, the child is spared.
4. His father and mother must look and sound alike, and they must be the same height.
5. According to Rebbi Yehudah, there never could have been a true Ben Sorer u'Moreh, since it is so rare for the father and mother to have the same physical attributes. Rebbi Shimon says that a father and mother would never allow their son to be stoned just for eating meat and drinking wine.
6. This is in accordance with Rebbi Eliezer. Rebbi Eliezer teaches that if there is even one Mezuzah or Sefer in a city, the city is not judged as an Ir ha'Nidachas - since it is forbidden to burn Sifrei Kodesh.
7. This is in accordance with Rebbi Elazar Ben Shimon, who teaches that a house does not become Tamei with Tzara'as unless there is a Nega in the corner of the house the length of two Gerisim and the width of one Gris. In addition, the Nega must start from one side of the cornerstone and continue on the next side, along the adjoining wall, displaying a one Gris by one Gris Nega on each cornerstone.
8. If either the father or mother is missing an arm, a cripple, mute, blind, or deaf - the son is not treated as a Ben Sorer u'Moreh.
9. If, after he is punished with Malkus, the child persists in his behavior, he is brought before of a court of twenty three. The court must include the three judges who originally gave the child Malkus. He is then judged, and, if found guilty, stoned to death.
10. Beis Din no longer has the authority to judge him as a Ben Sorer u'Moreh, because he is past the requisite age.
11. Although he is now past the age for a Ben Sorer u'Moreh, since the Gemar Din was already completed it is regarded as if he has already been put to death.
12. A Ben Noach is Chayav for cursing Hashem. He is Chayav Sayif, not Sekilah, and judged based on one witness and one judge, and without Hasra'ah. If he proselytizes, since the method of judgment and the punishment both changed when he was Misgayer, he is Patur.
13. He is Patur because if he did these things as a Yisrael he would not be Chayav.
14. The Chiyuv for murder is Sayif for both a Yisrael and a Ben Noach. The Chiyuv for adultery is Chenek for a Yisrael and Sayif for a Ben Noach. Since Chenek is more lenient than Sayif, the more severe punishment of Sayif is administered.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Sanhedrin